HEI has a facility with over 68,000 sq ft of flexible manufacturing space in the heart of Michigan. In our ISO 9001 approved facility we have easily configurable space in which we strive to perform as much manufacturing for a particular effort as we can. Our expertise and in-house capabilities include:
- Machine shop with both short run and large run capabilities including multiple CNC machining centers.
- Metal Stamping capabilities – from high speed 35 ton to 350 ton – with all die build in-house.
- Metal Fabrication – including shears, press brakes, tube benders, etc.
- Welding – HEI is certified to weld almost any materials including Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Titanium and other alloys. Trained and certified welders in-house.
- Complete electrical shop including all power panel build and PLC programming in-house.
- Complete painting facility for all DoD paint types including CARC
- Full in-house packaging and marking capabilities.
Since our founding HEI has performed on thousands of contracts with tens of thousands of items as a DoD prime contractor with all defense agencies (Army, USAF, USMC, USN, Coast Guard) as well as numerous FMS efforts. We are also a GSA contract holder.
HEI is a Small Business (CAGE 0AK83) and is fully registered under SAM.
The following pages are a brief introduction of some of our systems – but it by no means complete as we constantly are responding to the needs of our customers and bringing new products to the market.
HEI’s specialty and success is in it’s ability to solve customer’s problems. Our expertizes is not in the development of new technologies, but in integrating them into systems that are usable by our customers. Projects have included the development of a water purification system for the USAF that was half the cost, required half the transport space and half of the weight of the system that the DOD had in development. HEI’s system is also significantly more user friendly. We have sold over 200 of theses units to the USAF, FEMA and NATO countries.
Key members of the HEI staff are:
Ralph S. Beebe, President
B.S.F.W. Michigan State University
M.S. Limnology, Michigan State University
Raymond A. Beebe, CFO
Registered Professional Engineer
B.S.E.E. Michigan State University
M.A.B.M. Central Michigan University
Jeff Pung, Engineering Manager
BS Packaging Michigan State University
MSA Central Michigan University
Excellence in Partnership Award
Most Successful Newcomer
US Government - General Services Agency
Recognition for Excellence
Defense Logistics Agency
Land and Maritime
Best value Gold Medalist
Defense Logistics Agency
Defense Supply Center Richman
Michigan 50 Companies to Watch
Edward Lowe Foundation
US House of Representatives